Domestic Violence

Is there someone within the police department I can speak with to get information on services related to domestic violence?

There are no direct domestic violence services provided by the police department. The police department can assist individuals looking for information and services related to domestic violence. Officers are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to assist individuals seeking those services. You may also contact the Domestic Violence Hotline at (315)539-1607 or call  1-8oo-688-1788, extension 1607  to speak with a domestic violence staff member. Staff can be contacted at either number 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can also click the Domestic Violence Services link. This link will direct you to the Seneca County website and provide you with all services and information related to domestic violence within Seneca County.

General Questions

I think people may be dealing drugs in my area, but am afraid that if I report it someone will find out. Is there a system I can use to make anonymous reports to the police department?

The Drug and Crime Tip Hotline is available for all residents to contact if they suspect drug activity within the town limits. The phone number is (315)568-6969. Information given WILL remain confidential and all reports can be made either anonymously or by providing your name, address, and phone number. Town Residents can also use this hotline to report other suspected crimes to the police department or provide information about on-going investigations of crimes that are occurring within the Town of Seneca Falls and your information will be forwarded to the investigating officer.

How do I take care of a warrant issued for my arrest?

You have two choices. You may call 9-1-1 and advise the operator that a warrant has been issued for your arrest and you would like to turn yourself in or you may appear at the Seneca Falls Police Department and advise the records personnel at the front counter.

Where do I pay for a traffic ticket or parking ticket?

All traffic and parking tickets are paid at the Seneca Falls Town Court located at 81 W. Bayard Street, Seneca Falls, NY 13148.

When must child restraint seats be used?

Children under the age of 4 and weighing less than 40 pounds must be in approved child safety seats. Children ages 4, 5, 6, and 7 must be properly secured in an appropriate child restraint system, such as a child safety seat, harness/vest, or booster seat. Seat belts are not designed for children under a height of 4 ft., 9 in. and do not protect small children. Your child should stay in a booster seat until the adult seat belt fits him or her properly. This is usually when your child reaches 4 ft., 9in. in height and is about 8-years-old. All passengers under the age of 16 must use seat belts. All front seat passengers, including the driver, are required to use a seat belt.  

How do I report outstanding performance by a member of the Seneca Falls Police Department?

If you would like to compliment any member of the Seneca Falls Police Department, please call Chief Peenstra at (315)568-4850. You can also submit your comments in writing to: Chief Stuart W. Peenstra, 60 State Street, Seneca Falls, NY 13148 or you may fill out a Citizens Comments Form.

How do I report dissatisfaction with the performance of a member of the Seneca Falls Police Department?

Although we strive to satisfy every person that we come in contact with, we recognize that this does not always happen. If you have a complaint about the way an officer or other member of the Seneca Falls Police Department responded to your call for service, please call (315)568-4850 and request to speak to the on-duty supervisor for that person. Alternatively, you can fill out a Citizens Comment Form and return it via mail or in person to the Seneca Falls Police Department.

How do I apply for a job with the Seneca Falls Police Department?

All job specifications and applications are available at the Seneca County Personnel Office, located at the Seneca County Office Building, 1 DiPronio Drive, Waterloo, NY 13165. The phone number is (315)539-1710. A civil service test is required for all positions within the Seneca Falls Police Department.

How do I find out if a sex offender lives near me?

Click on the Offender Watch link. This link will bring you to the Seneca County Offender Watch website homepage. Once on the homepage, all you need to do is click on the "Search for Offenders in your area" button and follow the instructions. You can also contact the Seneca Falls Police Department for any questions.

How do I obtain a copy of a police report?

Copies of police reports are generally available by the end of the first full business day after the report was taken, although it is a good idea to call ahead to make sure it is available. The reports are available at the front desk of the police department located at 60 State Street, Seneca Falls, NY 13148. The telephone number is (315)568-4850.

How do I request a “Property Check” of my house/property?

You can request a check of your house/property while you are away (vacation, etc.) by calling the Seneca Falls Police Department or stopping in (Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.). You can also fill out the Property Check Form located on the Forms section of this website and send it to the Seneca Falls Police Department by mail or email.

I want to come to the police station and speak with someone at the front desk. When can I do this?

The Seneca Falls Police Department operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The police department administrative offices are open from Monday thru Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and are closed on weekends. During administrative hours, there will be records personnel officer at the front office that you can speak directly with. You may also reach the police department front office by phone during those administrative hours. The phone number is (315)568-4850.

Mental Health

Are there any mental health services the police department provides to the community?

The police department does not provide any specific mental health services to the public. The police department will assist individuals in getting information related to those services. Mental health services are available through the Seneca County Mental Health Department located at 31 Thurber Drive, Waterloo, NY. The mental health department's hours are from 8:30 a.m. to 9 p.m., Monday thru Thursday and from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Friday. Walk-ins are welcome during those hours or you can schedule an appointment. If you feel you are in crisis, you will be seen immediately by a mental health counselor. The phone number for the Mental Health Department is (315)539-1980. If you wish to speak with somebody and the office is closed, a 24-hour service is setup through Clifton Springs Comprehensive Psychiatric Emergency Program (CPEP). That number is 1-800-310-1160. You can also click on the Seneca County Community Counseling Center for more information.


How do I obtain a handicap permit?

You can obtain a handicap permit application from your doctor or the police department. You need to fill out part 1 of the application and your doctor will fill out part 2. To obtain your permit, bring the application down to the police department along with either: 1. Your New York State Driver's License or DMV Photo I.D. 2. A photo I.D. or birth certificate and proof of residence.

How do I obtain a pistol permit?

Pistol permit applications are available from the Seneca County Sheriff's Office at the Records Division at the Seneca County Law Enforcement Center.  The forms are also online for you to fill out and print out to take to the Records Division.